What kinds of information we collect
To provide Virvite, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect include email, name, age, sex, location, events attended.
Things you provide.
- Information and content you provide: We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created.
- Networks and connections: We collect information about the people, accounts, and events you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products. We also collect contact information (such as an address book), which we use for things like inviting contacts to events.
- Your usage: We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
- Information about transactions: If you use our Products and use the ticketing or donation feature, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, and connection speed
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
How we use this information
We use the information we have as described below:
Provide, personalize and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalize features, ads, and contentand make suggestions for you.
- Location-related information: Location data we use includes your address and current location. Location-related information can be based on precise device, IP addresses, and information from your events you have joined.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you-including information about your events to select and personalize ads and sponsored events.
Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services.
We use the information we have to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms.
Research and innovate for social good.
We use the information we haveto conduct and support research and innovation of our platform.
How this information shared
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on Virvite
When you share and communicate using our Products, you share with the event group you are a member of. For example, when you post a picture on an event, everyone that has access to that event will be able to view it.
The only public information on Virvite is your username. No information you share on Virvite is public information.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We may work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products. We don't sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide.
Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
- Advertisers.We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don't share information that personally identifies you
- Partners offering events in our Products.When you subscribe to sponsored events, the event host can receive your public information and other information you share with them,.
- Law enforcement or legal requests.We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How you can manage or delete your information
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data.
We store data until your account is deleted by you.When you delete your account, we delete all information about you. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. To delete your account at any time, please visit yourVirvite Settings.
How we respond to legal requests
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized product use, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you or others
How we notify you of changes to this policy
We'll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy via in app notification before you choose to continue using our Products.
How to contact Virvite with questions
Contact Email: email@example.com
Date of Last Revision: April 22, 2019
Address: 51 West Center Street #214, Orem UT 84057